Electronic Arts (EA) has announced that two of its classic Battlefield titles, Battlefield 1943 and Battlefield Bad Company 2, will be removed from digital stores in April 2023. The decision to remove these games has disappointed many players who have been playing them for years and now have to make do without them.
The announcement shocked many gamers, especially those who had been playing the games for years. It is unclear why EA has made this decision, but it may be due to licensing issues or the cost of maintaining the games. Additionally, both games are quite old and may no longer be profitable for the company.
Regardless of the reason, many players are sad to see these games go. Battlefield 1943 and Bad Company 2 are well-loved titles from the series, with the former being an arcade shooter set during World War II and the latter being an open-world action-adventure game. Both games have strong fanbases and dedicated players who will miss them when they are gone.
EA said the games would be removed on April 28, 2023. Players who own the games can continue playing them but can no longer purchase them from digital stores. The company has also said that those who have purchased the games in the past will still be able to access their content even after the games have been removed.
Despite the disappointment of many players, EA's decision to remove Battlefield 1943 and Bad Company 2 from digital stores in April 2023 is likely final. This will mean the end of an era for these beloved games, but the memories they have created will remain with those who have played them.